I drew something!
OK, so... gaming hasn't quite taken a complete backseat. I've actually played a whole bunch of things in the past several months. The main thing that happened I guess is that I discovered the greatness of motion sickness wristbands which - while not 100% effective on everything I've tried - at least allowed me to comfortably play or finish several games that I've always wanted to check out.
Call of Duty 4 - The biggie. A game I've always been envious to hear about. Well, I'm very happy to report that this was completely successful. I hammered through it in about 4 days and it most certainly lived up to my expectations.
Portal - I was able to finish this, one of the previous worst offenders. Yes, it's great.
Gears of War - Another very acute sickness-inducer. Funnily enough on being able to play it comfortably I found it to be incredibly boring and repetitive. Ah well.
I was able to finish off Uncharted, check out plenty of Bioshock, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, more Half-Life 2 (until realizing I find it very dull), and complete Resident Evil 5 in co-op with a friend. More indepth stuff on some of those later.
Bullet points to round off this half-arsed effort of a post:
- I think Rock Band may well be my all-time favourite game
- Street Fighter IV is amazing, but not as fun as The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited match
- Resident Evil 5 is more fun than Resident Evil 4
- Realization of own Star Trek fandom
- There are a great many things in life that I actually don't like as much as I like to think I do